Wednesday 31 July 2013

Social Club #9 - Hair Bows, Cross Stitch and Crochet

It was my turn to host again and I had so many things that I wanted to teach the ladies, but I had to narrow it down to 3 skills.  So it came to Hair Bows, Cross Stitch and Crochet.  Upon arrival everyone got offered Sherry and later on I served soup.  I made tomato soup and pea soup.


I set up three stations and drew names out of a hat to divide all the ladies in three groups.  








Crochet:
Crochet is so in fashion at the moment and I've been dying to learn how to do it, so thought that the ladies would also be interested. Here are a few great examples:







I had my friend, Salome, that came to show the ladies how to crochet.  To be honest I was too busy chatting and didn't actually get to learn how to crochet.  All the other ladies loved it though.  Some of them (Karma, Jax and Jacky) didn't move on from this station as they loved it too much!

Salome & I





Cross Stitch:

I made a cross stitch pattern of an anchor.  You can download it here.  Look at all the cool other cross stitch ideas:







This is so easy and relaxing to do and when you are done, you can frame it.  Then you can add it to a few other frames you have on your wall, like this:


 How to cross stitch:







Hair Bows:
I bought a few different colours of pinstripe and polka dot material and cut it up as per the instructions.


Supplies:
-Fabric
-Needle
-Thread
-Some type of hair clip {or you can always bobby pin it into your hair}

1. Cut rectangular piece of fabric.  The bigger the piece, the larger the bow.  
2. Hold over the top and bottom.
3. Fold again to tuck in non-sewn edge.
4 and 5. Fold over right and left side of fabric so they slightly overlap in the middle.
6 and 7. Hand stitch the two sides up the center.
8. Pull the thread so that the bow gets cinched in the center and wrap remaining thread around center and tie.
9. Cut a small piece of fabric for the bow's center.
10. Fold over the top and bottom so they overlap and hide frayed edge.
11. Wrap around bow.
12. Sew to bow.
13. Sew hair clip to back.

This was a lot of fun to make and so easy, you should give it a try.







Here are a few photos of all the beautiful ladies in the Social Club.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Newsletter

Email   
Mobile number    (Country code + mobile number)
First Name    
Last Name    
City    
Gender    
Age    
 
  
Please come back at any time to modify your profile.
Email marketing by GraphicMail